The CWTA has shared some interesting points regarding mobile in Canada. As you read on, it’s only evident that mobile has created some noise here in Canada, but that it’s not leaving anytime soon. Here is are some interesting stats on the Canadian market.
- Canada’s wireless carriers now offer coverage to more than 99% of Canadians.
- Advanced wireless networks that support handsets such as smartphones and Internet sticks are available to 98% of Canadians.
- At the end of March 2012, Canadian wireless phone subscribers numbered 26 million.
- Half of all phone connections in Canada are now wireless.
- 75% of Canadian households have access to a wireless phone.
- Canadians send 227 million text messages per day.
- More than half of all calls to 9-1-1 come from mobile phones.
- Wireless revenues in Canada totalled $18 billion in 2010.
- Wireless market sector revenues are the largest component (43%) of total telecommunications revenues.
*Stats provided by the CWTA