For the third consecutive year, Tim Hortons “Text to donate” has gone viral. Last year Camp day raised $11 million which helped send more than 15,000 deserving kids from economically disadvantaged homes on a once-in a-lifetime camping adventure.
You have probably noticed the Text CAMP to 45678 shortcode where you can make a 5$ donation. The program has been a large success as SMS shortcode awareness has come alive in recent years. Mobile marketing Canada, or SMS marketing some may call it, has skyrocketed over the past 12months largely because of the larger companies running SMS programs.
“Camp Day is our largest fundraising activity of the year and accounts for 60% of all funds raised annually,” said Newnham. “Through the generosity of our loyal guests and continued support of our restaurant owners and team members, thousands of low-income children can experience camp. Buying a coffee on Camp Day makes a true difference and with the 40th anniversary of the Foundation this year, we want to make it the most successful to date.”
- Make a donation by purchasing a tent or cabin in restaurant
- Round Up for Camp Day (round the after-tax total of an order to the nearest dollar amount)
- Text CAMP to 45678 in Canada to donate $5
- Text CAMP to 41518 in USA to donate $5
- Donate online at sendakidtocamp.com